There are countless treatments available now that can do wonders for your skin. One of the most popular options is injectable treatments, which can help your skin look supple, youthful, and plump.
One great example is Juvéderm. Here’s how it works.
What Is Juvéderm®?
Juvéderm is a well-known injectable filler manufactured by Allergan. It is FDA-approved and made with hyaluronic acid (HA), a molecule that’s naturally found in the body.
As such, it has a unique capacity to attract and retain moisture, instantly helping smooth fine lines and wrinkles. Moreover, Juvéderm can also be used to soften creases, enhance contours, and restore volume.
Unlike other dermal fillers made from synthetic ingredients, Juvéderm’s natural hyaluronic acid component makes it easier for the body to accept it.
As a result, the HA gel has a slower absorption rate, providing longer-lasting results.
What Are The Benefits of Juvéderm®?
Juvéderm helps your skin maintain its plumpness. It is also an effective treatment for retaining moisture, giving you a healthier and youthful glow.
In addition, this injectable dermal filler also:
- Minimizes wrinkles and lines;
- Restores lost volume;
- Enhances facial features;
- Hydrates and plums the skin;
- Provides natural-looking results; and
- Improves self-confidence.
As a minimally invasive procedure, Juvéderm requires minimal downtime. This means that you can return to your normal activities right after the treatment.
Who Is An Ideal Candidate for Juvéderm®?
Juvéderm is a safe and effective treatment. Hence, it’s generally available for patients who want to enhance their facial features without undergoing surgical treatments.
However, for best results, an ideal candidate for a Juvéderm treatment must:
- Be in overall good health;
- 18 or older who have started noticing volume loss and wrinkles in their late 20s or 30s;
- Have realistic expectations regarding the results;
- Be non-smokers;
- Have healthy, elastic skin with good collagen production.
In addition, an ideal candidate is someone who is seeking natural-looking and subtle enhancements.
Thus, Juvéderm is considered the best treatment for those who are open to minimally invasive treatments and are willing to maintain the results through follow-up treatments.
What Should You Expect During the Treatment?
Here’s what you can expect during the treatment proper:
- We will discuss your goals, desired outcomes, and expected results.
- Once the initial assessment is done and you’re cleared for the treatment, the treatment area will be cleansed with alcohol.
- A numbing cream will also be applied in some instances to reduce any discomfort.
- Once the treatment area is ready, we will slowly inject the filler into your facial tissue all while gently massaging the treatment area to evenly distribute the filler.
- For best results, you’re more likely to get several Juvéderm injections.
Overall, the entire treatment takes around 15-30 minutes, depending on the amount of filler and treatment areas.
Juvéderm results typically endure for a span of 6 to 12 months. To ensure the ongoing effectiveness of the treatment, we may advise scheduling follow-up maintenance appointments.
For more information about how Juvéderm can help you achieve plump, healthy-looking skin, call us today or schedule an appointment now.